Team building activities provide physical and intellectual problems for groups to solve. The “group challenge” helps people explore issues of leadership, decision making, communication and conflict. This ‘hands-on’ approach provides a vehicle for people to experiment with different behaviours and see their own dynamics more clearly. Team building activities offer an opportunity for groups to make decisions in the moment, build their teamwork and become more aware.
A key outcome of the team building activity is promoting intrapersonal and interpersonal understanding.
TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES CAN PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS TO:
• Learn more about themselves and each other
• Enhance ability to communicate and work co-operatively
• Overcome challenges – as individuals and/or in groups
• Increase their awareness of, and respect for, each other’s strengths
• Develop better relationships with each other
• Develop their confidence and self esteem
• Experience different teaching styles and learning contexts
• Develop their team leadership skills
“You can learn more in an hour of play, then you can in a year of conversation”